Forward Schedule of Change V2.0

Version 2.0 of the Forward Schedule of Change application is nearing completion and should be available before the end of the month. Some of the changes that have been incorporated include:

  • Full screen change calendar with change details on separate page.
  • Change details now include Change History, Change Assessments and Change Approvals (visibility of which can be toggled on and off by the application administrator).
  • Links to update changes (visibility of which can be toggled on and off by the application administrator).
  • New search functionality allowing the searching of selected fields.

The new layout, removing the change details panel on the right hand side of the application, will not be to everyone’s liking and as such V1.0 will still be available if organisations prefer the old style.

As always, feedback (positive or negative) is always welcome.

Advertisements

6 thoughts on “Forward Schedule of Change V2.0

  1. Hi. I have installed the FSC v2 – but some of the functianality does not work.
    What is visable so far within the FSC are changes only via the TABULAR option. The calendar option apprears blank.
    Also the field to filter on does not list any fields to fileter on.

    have I missed something from within the coding to amend?

    Best regards

    Pete.

  2. @Pete,

    As a suggestion can you confirm that the SQL account that you are using to access the database server with is using the correct language i.e. if you are in the UK the SQL account would be set for British English.

    Let me know and we’ll go from there.

    Regards,

    Alan

  3. hello Alan, sorry for the long delay – other projects for SDE had taken over!
    The language was ENGLISH, but have amended to BRITISH ENGLISH
    Have re-tested and stuill the same.
    Also when I use the function to EDIT the record, I get page not found. this is the url I am getting that looks wrong in the respect of the ‘appserver’ bit:
    http://appserver/SDE/Default.aspx?
    ModSeq=80&FormSeq=&Sequence=4

    Mmmmmmmmm Am thinking I have missed something in the script – may have some bearing on my orginal problem… I will recheck.

    Pete (btw yes, I am in the UK)

  4. Hi Pete,

    Sorry for the delay – been all over the place recently. Anyway, I have tried downloading and installing the application and didn’t have any issues once I changed the language over to British English. Drop me an email (alan@14j.co.uk) and perhaps we can set up a WebEx or something.

    Re the appserver url that is in the Web.Config file called ChangeURL.

    Let me know how it goes and we’ll go from there.

    Regards,

    Alan

  5. Hi Alan, I have checked the code changes again, but still cannot see any changes in the calendar? Just in the listing. What fields are required to be populated to appear in the calendar?

    Pete.

  6. Hi Pete,

    Sorry you are having problems with this…

    The required fields are Sequence, Change Type, and Change Description. As a suggestion, run SQL Profiler against the SDE Database whilst you refresh the page and take a look at the code that FSC is trying to run. Then manually run that code against your database in SQL Management Studio and compare.

    Hope this helps.

    Regards,

    Alan

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s